moron world

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Please introduce yourself  (Read 251 times)

grace

• poobah of moron world
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Please introduce yourself
« on: October 24, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »

The intertubez are an amazing resource but IME all too often become a barrier to real life interaction.

Given that some of the most amazing people I've met face to face I first met electronically I hope that process happens here, in this non-commercial and hopefully cooperative realm of bits and bytes.

TIA.
Seriousness is not a virtue ... Satan fell by force of gravity.

G.K. Chesterton

grace

• poobah of moron world
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 05:36:47 PM »

When you get my age they're all long stories but this one got rolling Mayish 1956 when my dad talked my mom into well you know and I was born in St. Francis Kansas near the center of the good ol' USofA in February 1957.

My childhood there was idyllic (we had the run of the town from the time we were toddlers as folks reckoned if we wandered off we'd show back up when we were hungry) and to this day I gratefully get back when I can - "There's no place like home".

I've been and lived a few places since and currently my adopted hometown is Pueblo CO which works out very well on a variety of levels - the low cost of living coupled with high quality of life is IME second to none.

Since learning to ride coasting down the hill by Roger Lewis' house I've enjoyed bicycling and got semi-serious about it in the mid 80s before family matters distracted me.

My interest was rekindled in 2016 when a gal I dated in Colorado Springs mentioned www.warmshowers.org; I signed up in June that year and much goodness ensued as my home is ~ 100 meters from the Adventure Cycling Association's Trans Am and Western Express routes.

It was my pleasure hosting about 75 riders since and seeing all those folk having the times of their lives experiencing the world via bicycle gave me the bug, bad, in the best way.

At this writing I'm in idyllic Irwinton GA at the brilliantly conceived and executed Blue Goose On Main hostel (thanks Donna - you and your business partner's vision for cycling in GA can be a template for others worldwide) sorting out the next pedal strokes in this, my inaugural touring adventure: I just wanna get warm (nod to Mark Heard) Fall 2017.

And a hearty southern USofA howdy and welcome to moron world!
Seriousness is not a virtue ... Satan fell by force of gravity.

G.K. Chesterton